Thursday, September 5, 2013

Third Grade Schedule, Scholastic Book Orders and Secret Readers!!

Dear Third Grade Parents,

Phew! It has been a hot week!  I am proud of the third graders as they have been troopers and have been working as hard as they possibly can given the uncomfortable temperatures this week.  With that said, I have had to make a few adjustments to our quiz schedule.  Tomorrow's scheduled reading comprehension test will be given next Monday.  I want to make certain I review the key points of the story with the class so they are able to complete it with the confidence that they are prepared.  Due to the interruption of pictures, there was a small number of students who were unable to complete their vocabulary quizzes today.  Rest assured, they will have the opportunity to complete them tomorrow.

I  have had a few inquires with regards to the third grade specials schedule.   Please see the list below to avoid any confusion as to what is required for each day.  I know today's uniform was a little confusing given pictures/P.E./the heat, but I think the students and I worked it out pretty well, all things considered.

Monday: Art
Tuesday:  Spanish
Wednesday:  Spanish and P.E.
Thursday:  P.E, Computers, Library, and Music

Next up, Scholastic Book Club Orders!  Yesterday I sent home the September book orders from Scholastic and have updated the third grade online ordering option.  Our third grade online ordering code is HBMQZ.  This will ensure proper delivery and class credit for free books to add to the classroom library.  Please let me know should you have any questions with regards to ordering through Scholastic.  Of course, please feel free to order the old fashioned way and send in your paper order with a check made out to Scholastic Book Clubs and I will order it for you.

Last, but certainly not least, Secret Readers will begin this month.  I am looking for parents to sign up to come in and share their love for reading with the third grade class.  Secret Readers will come in on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Friday of the month.  The time will be at 11:30 AM.  Please email me with at least three possible dates you would be willing to come in so I may schedule you for a time that is convenient for you.  Please note, that if Fridays at 11:30 do not work with your schedule, I will be willing to make an adjustment to ensure you are able to come in at least one time during the year.  Secret Readers is an important time for the children and it means the world to them when they are able to share their parents with the whole class.

As always, thank you for your support and dedication to Stella Maris Academy.  Your dedication helps to make it an amazing place to learn.  Have a fantastic evening.  Take care and God bless!

Sincerely,
Ms. Eileen Griffin
Your Third Grade Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment