Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year!!!!!

Dear Third Grade Parents,

Happy New Year!!!!  I trust everyone had a fantastic holiday break and enjoyed some classic, holiday family time.  I know I did!  I feel well rested and energized to make 2014 an amazing year of learning and adventure.  It's going to be great.  I am really looking forward to seeing all of my third graders and creating some new memories to add to our growing collection.  I hope they are excited too.


I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your generosity during the Christmas Season.  I am truly overwhelmed.  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!!!!!!!


This week will be a busy week of learning, but I am certain my third graders are ready to get down to business.  Please review the Curriculum Update below to see what this week will hold.

Curriculum Update for the Week of January 6, 2014:

Religion:  Begin Chapter 9- The Church is the body of Christ;  The Church continues to teach the true message of the Jesus

Math:  Begin Unit 4:  Make place value drawings;  build numbers; practice with place value; place value in word problems;  rounding to the nearest hundred

Reading:  Read and discuss the story "City Critters" and complete comprehension activities to complement the selection;  Guided Reading Groups-  Read and discuss January themed articles of interest.

Science:  Begin Chapter 4-  Living Things:  Classifying animals; How animal offspring are like their parents

Social Studies:  Continue unit on Native Americans and the different tribes of North America; Daily Geography

Language Arts:  Finish contractions as verbs;  Begin Vocabulary Workshop Unit 3; Spelling test on Friday! 

Please be on the look out for any and all work your third grader may have missed in December due to sickness or early Christmas vacation plans.  I will be sending the missing work home on Monday and Tuesday to ensure all graded work is completed in time for the quarter's end.  Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

I hope you all have a fantastic week!  I am looking forward to the start of an amazing week.  Take care and God bless!

Sincerely,
Ms. Eileen Griffin
Your Third Grade Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment