Sunday, December 15, 2013

Merry Christmas!!!

Dear Third Grade Parents,

Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!  Time certainly does fly when you are having fun!  This past week has been  quite memorable.  It began with a spectacular presentation on Christmas in Sweden from our very own Mama Ann.  She read us a story about Christmas in Sweden and showed us how celebrations light up in Sweden.  It was an experience we won't soon forget!



The fun continued on Tuesday when the Third Grade Class went to see the Old Globe's Production of Dr. Suess' "How The Grinch Stole Christmas".   What an amazing experience!  Thank you, Parents!  This was an outstanding field trip and I know the class thoroughly enjoyed the play.  We all left singing and ended our Grinchy experience with treats from the Steele Family and a little story hour from Mrs.  FitzCluster.






Tuesday's excitement ended with an amazing author visit from "Fuddles" creator, author and illustrator, Mr. Franz Fischer.  The entire Junior Yard listened to Mr. Fischer read one of his stories and to his process of creating a short story and the inspiration behind his work.  It was a great time had by all!





Holy cow, what a busy week!  It was a great week of fun that ended with smiles all around.  
This coming week is promising to be just as busy as the Third Grade class prepares for their contribution to this year's SMA Christmas Pageant.  Be sure to attend Tuesday night's performance for a great holiday show with plenty of laughter and singing.  

Wednesday is our last day of school and this year the Junior Yard is throwing one big Christmas party with a Polar Express theme.  I can hardly wait to watch this new holiday classic with my fabulous Third Grade Class.  It should be fun as the students are able to attend school wearing their cozy, winter pajamas, sip on hot cocoa and munch on yummy popcorn while watching a movie.  Yes, it sounds good to me!

With so much activity this week, a consistent schedule is hard to plan for.  Therefore, I will not be posting a Curriculum Update, but please know, the class and I will be working hard as we study Religion, Math and Reading each day.  Thank you for your understanding!

Lastly, I wish to thank all of  you for your generosity in helping me to celebrate my birthday this year.  What amazing treats to add sparkle and shine to my daily outfits.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!  My absolute favorite gift was the heartfelt wishes expressed in the birthday card from all of you.  In all of my years of teaching, (this is year 17- yikes!) I have never received a card that has meant so much to me.  I feel so blessed.  Thank you, again.  You made my day!!!!!

I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas.  May the love and the spirit of the season be with you and your loved ones as we celebrate the birth of our Jesus.  Take care and God bless!!!!

Merrily Yours,
Ms. Eileen Griffin
Your Third Grade Teacher

P.S.  Thank you for all you do to make Stella Maris Academy an amazing place to learn







No comments:

Post a Comment