Sunday, February 2, 2014

Dear Third Grade Parents,

Last week's Catholic Schools' Week was a great success.  Thank you to all of you for your continued support and dedication.  It is only with your help that SMA is able to accomplish all it does.  Thank you!

I especially want to thank you for making Teacher Appreciation Day so special.  I had a fantastic day and I absolutely love my clothespin plaque.  It is amazingly precious and I will treasure it always.  I also enjoyed running down to my favorite Kate Spade store to pick out a sweet ice cream themed pouch to help keep my handbag organized.  Thank you for the gift card that allowed me to do so!!!!  You definitely know my weakness.

This week should be a bit calmer.  Please be sure to review this week's Curriculum Update as there are a few tests and quizzes that are scheduled for the upcoming weeks.

Curriculum Update for the Week of February 2, 2014:

Religion:  Continue chapter 11:  The people who serve our parish- pastor, deacon, lectors and altar servers;  parish outreach; worshipping together;  Chapter 11 Quiz next Tuesday

Math:  Solve word problems using addition and subtraction; Word problems with unknown addends or unknown factors; word problems with unknown starts; comparison problems; review multiplication facts

Reading:  Close reading lessons focus on winter olympic topics; Guided reading group 1:  Finish reading Pippi Longstocking and begin Because of Winn Dixie;  Guided reading group 2:  Continue to read and discuss  Ramon Quimby, Age 8

Social Sutdies:  Continue Chapter 7- the local government in California; the services provided by the local government;  Chapter 7 Test next Wednesday

Science:  Finish chapter 5:  how ecosystems change, adaptations;  Chapter 5 Test next Friday

Language Arts:  Continue grammar unit on verbs; Valentine's Day themed idioms

Art:  Native American burlap weaving

Well, that is all for now.  I hope all of you are enjoying your Super Bowl Sunday wherever you are.  Thank you for all  you do to help make Stella Maris Academy an amazing place to learn.  Take care and God bless!

Sincerely,
Ms Eileen Griffin
Your Third Grade Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment