Sunday, November 17, 2013

Dear Third Grade Parents,

I hope you are all enjoying the last few hours of a relaxing weekend.  I know I am.  It is going to be a busy week in third grade as we prepare to finish up our lessons and and gear up for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.  I know the students are looking forward to a whole week of family fun and entertainment.  I cannot wait to hear all of their stories when we return.  Until then, there is a little bit of school work to wrap up.

With the shortened week due to Parent-Teacher Conferences, I am posting a condensed curriculum update.  I can honestly say I am going to try my best to cover as many subject areas as we can, but I cannot make any promises.  I do know the third graders and I will be covering the subjects of religion, reading and math every day.  I am hoping to cover Social Studies and Science every other day.  Please look over this week's Curriculum Update and as always, please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions or concerns.

Curriculum Update for the Week of November 18, 2013:

Religion:  Continue Chapter 6- The Liturgical Calendar and the celebrating the life of Jesus Christ

Reading:  Continue to read and discuss the story, "The Boy Who Didn't Believe in Spring";  Reading Comprehension test on Wednesday;  Read and discuss Thanksgiving Day themed picture books

Math:  Telling Time; Time Before and After the Hour; Adding and Subtracting Time; Solving Word Problems Involving Time

Social Studies:  Continue to learn about Native Americans and their communities

Science:  Balloon puppet due Tuesday;  Continue Chapter 6:  Classifying Plants

Spelling:  Test tomorrow!!;  No test on Friday

I would like to thank Mrs. Steele for coming in this week to be our Secret Reader.  The third graders and I learned so much about eating smart and making sure we eat healthy snacks.  Mrs. Steele read the picture book, The Bernstein Bears and Junk Food.  It was a great way to learn how to take care of ourselves and our bodies. Thank you, Mrs. Steele!


I am looking forward to meeting with all of you this week during Parent-Teacher Conferences.  It will be a pleasure to sit with all of you and discuss the academic and social growth of each of your children. Until then, have a fantastic week and thank you for all you do to help make Stella Maris Academy a fabulous place to learn!  Take care and God bless!  Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!!!

Sincerely,
Ms. Eileen Griffin
Your Thankful Third Grade Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment